Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Favorite Things: Eric Carle Flash Cards

Why I love our Eric Carle Flash Cards:


Eric Carle Animal Flash Cards  Eric Carle Number Flash Cards: 123 

1. One of our favorite books around this house is, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," By Eric Carle. Who doesn't love this book and the illustrations? It's a classic.

Very Hungry Caterpillar 

2. These flash cards are very sturdy. We have had the alphabet set since my son was born and they have survived his toddler years (no other set has lasted as long).

This video is of my Kidamerink right before he turned 2, in December of 2009.

3. My Kidamerink LOVES them. He brings them out at least 2-3 times a week, just for fun.  We have gone from just simply saying the Letter/Animal to talking about the animal, what it likes to eat, what color it is and what the "babies" are named (i.e. Kangaroo's baby is a Joey). 


We also recently bought the numbers set. I like that there are both cards with the number (5) printed as well as the word (five) along with counting examples using the Eric Carle Illustrations.


The Illustrations are vibrant, the concepts are simple, and they are very useful "tools" in our home.


Remember: Flash cards don't always have to be a static tool. Be creative and come up with ideas on how to elaborate on the simple answer - "T = Turtle." Get to know your flash cards and learn about the animals, point out the shapes and colors, name off other animals that start with T. 

As you can see, we enjoyed them when my Kidamerink was young and we are still enjoying them now.
Let your flash cards "grow" with you! 

**This is not a Paid Sponsor, I just really like this product and I think you would too!

No comments: