Monday, September 26, 2011

Kidamerinks FHE: General Conference

My Church holds a Semi-Annual General Conference where we get to hear the words of our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and also his apostles. It is going to be held this weekend, October 1st & 2nd and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Since General Conference is coming up this weekend, I thought it would be appropriate to share a few ideas for our Kidamerinks here. There are so many original ideas out there for activities that will keep your kids busy and occupied during Conference, that it is hard to choose which ones to do!

I'm excited because my oldest Kidamerink is finally at an age where he will benefit from a fun packet for Conference... and hopefully pay attention somewhat. I'm not crossing my fingers though! But maybe we can at least point out who is speaking, and he can "see" the Prophet and his Apostles.

I found a few age appropriate packets that I will share here and that I plan on doing for my Kidamerink.

 
On Sugar Doodle they posted a Junior Primary 2011 Conference Packet. It is super cute, and totally FREE!! They also have packets for all ages, so go check it out. Seriously, how cute is this idea? I love the 1st Presidency Chain included in the packet.


And, If you don't already know... I'm a huge fan of Hatch Patch Creations. They are offering a few of their FHE packets for 50% off. They would be great to go along with Conference Weekend. I'm definitely getting these!! :) 


I also really liked this idea of doing a Temple Memory Match Game, from A Little Tipsy.



 And, what is Conference Weekend without a little Treat? I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on Our Best Bites (the ultimate recipe blog) and I've gotta try it! My husband has been pestering me for some "pumpkin" treats, so we'll try this one out this weekend. Yummo!

I hope you all have a great Conference Weekend!

No comments: