Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kidamerinks Preschool: Letter "T"

"T" Week was a fun-filled week for us!

My Kidamerink was really excited to Learn about the Letter T this week because TRACTORS start with T!! He's got quite the passion for Tractors, which has become an obsession widely fed by his Grandpa.

Here are a few things that we did this week.



First of all, Have I told you how much I love these Eric Carle Flash Cards? I Highly Recommend them, they are on my "Favorite Things" list.

We pulled out the "T" to remind us of our Focus that week.

Eric Carle Animal Flash Cards



We did a few different worksheets found Here. This site is a great resource for worksheets. I like that it mixed a few different elements, instead of just tracing the letter. We practiced both upper case and lower case T.



Because my Kidamerink is so obsessed with Tractors, I made him a little flip book. He actually had a cute tear-off calendar that was ALL Vintage Tractors. I had been saving them as the months went on so that I could make this book for him. I finally got around to it 10 months later as it is now September... but I now had a reason to actually do it! :) All I did was cut off the date, and laminated them back to back with the description of the tractor on the bottom. You could easily replicate this by going to a John Deere Tractor Store and getting one of their free Catalogs. Cut out the pictures of the Model Tractors, the name and laminate them back to back. Then, punch a hole through them and put them on a Binder Ring to keep them together nicely.



I made a few different Letter Wheels from the blog 1+1+1=1. This is seriously one of my favorite preschool sites, so go and check it out. She has a TON of FREE printables. We used the "farm" themed Clip and Learn, since Tractors were involved. My Kidamerink had fun matching up the letter with the picture.


We practiced size sequencing with different sized Tractors. My Kidamerink was good at putting them in order from Big to Little, and Little to Big. I got this Free Printable from 1+1+1=1 as well. It was part of the "Farm" Tot Book, page 12.



I had picked up a Model Tractor at Michael's on Clearance a while back, so we painted that and put it together. He was so proud of his Tractor that he built all by himself!!

They always have a ton of these in the kid craft section. They are normally priced $1-$2, and I scored this one for $0.30!!


We also did some Stickers. My Kidamerink was telling me all of the Model Names as he stuck them on the paper. Most of them were made up, but it was cute to hear what he came up with.

Ultimate Sticker Books: John Deere Tractors


For our Kidamerinks in the Kitchen Portion of Preschool, we made Twisty Bread.  It was quite Tasty, to say the least!! :)


We also did a Science Experiment about Dirt. Since Tractors help facilitate planting and our food, I decided it was an appropriate topic for this week to learn about Dirt. Here is the full experiment/biology lesson.

A Dirty Experiment.

The Books that we used this week to go along with our Tractor Filled "T" week were:

Farm Tractors (Pebble Plus: Mighty Machines)Tractors (Mighty Machines)Tractors (Paperback)(Blastoff! Readers: Mighty Machines)


1 comment:

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

What an awesome unit of study! That looks like so much fun. I think even my girly girls would enjoy all the truck activities.

I am a new follower from the Link and Learn from No Time For Flash Cards. If you would like to follow me back come by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi!
Thanks!